Salmon Sisters celebrates coastal heritage and the wild places where we live and work. We strive to tell the story behind wild Alaska seafood through quality products and design, and to strengthen ocean stewardship amongst our community. Salmon Sisters gives 1% of net profit to the Food Bank of Alaska, in the form of wild fish caught by Alaskan fishermen.
Salmon Sisters is run by co-founders, fishermen, and sisters Emma and Claire, with support from their amazing all-woman team. Emma and Claire grew up on a homestead in Alaska’s remote Aleutian Islands. Their family makes their livelihood harvesting wild seafood from Alaska’s pristine and bountiful waters. Since they were young, Emma and Claire have worked on commercial fishing boats and continue to fish each summer while running Salmon Sisters from land and sea.
This summer, Emma and her husband Jacob will be pulling in the first salmon of the season from the Copper River Delta on their drift boat, the f/v Acadian. In June and July, Emma goes west to drive skiff for the family's seiner in the Aleutian Island Area M salmon fishery. Claire and her husband Peter will be running the f/v Halcyon, a tender for the Prince William Sound seine fleet, and then joining Emma in the Bering Sea to longline for halibut with their mom and dad on the f/v Stanley K. It's fishing family and a wild, seasonal life.
- Food Security in Alaska – We give fish to the Food Bank of Alaska to support healthy communities connected to traditional and local wild food.
- Healthy Habitat – We partner with organizations working to protect marine ecosystems and the people who depend upon them in Alaska.
- Sustainable Commercial Fisheries – We promote Alaska’s responsibly-managed fisheries, fishermen as stewards of their marine ecosystem, and Alaska seafood as a renewable resource for future generations.
- Coastal Culture – We tell stories of Alaskans’ connection to the ocean and all users of salmon.
- Quality products and design – We offer original designs and functional products that are sustainably sourced and ethically manufactured for an ocean lifestyle.