Meet our new soft bamboo styles: the Make Waves Leggings, the Small Fins Half Zip, and (coming soon!) the Merino Baselayer Bottoms. These new designs were made for an active lifestyle on and off the water. When we're fishing, we're always looking for something comfortable, soft, temperature regulating, wicking and breathable to wear under our raingear. Our search for a comfortable performance fabric wasn’t something we took lightly. We explored high and low, near and far, until we came across bamboo fabric. And in bamboo, we found everything we were looking for, and then some.
- Comfortable: the ultra-fine yarn means it feels amazingly soft against your skin.
- UV Protection: Skip the sunscreen, our bamboo fabric blends provide natural UV protection.
- Breathable: Bamboo fibers make fabric more breathable than cotton, hemp, wool, and synthetic fabrics.
- Moisture Wicking: Don't love clothing that traps moisture in, or sticks to your skin? Neither do we – bamboo to the rescue!
- Thermal regulating: Bamboo fabric keeps your a few degrees warmer in the colder climates and cooler when it's warm.
- Anti-odor: Salmon Sisters apparel is meant to be worn and worked in, so bamboo is a perfect match for our products, which naturally resists trapping odors.
- Anti-itch: Thanks to the smooth structure of its fibers, bamboo fabrics are soft and non-irritating.
- Anti-static: Bamboo fabric blends naturally eliminate the buildup of static electricity.
- Environmentally Sustainable: No pesticides, efficient upward growth, and no irrigation are just three reasons that make us love bamboo more.
The colors of these designs were inspired by the colors of the Pacific Ocean – which, depending on the day, change from bright teal to dark navy to seafoam. We're enchanted with the ocean's palette, and can't help but use it in all of our creations.
We wanted to make a top that could be sun and weather protection on summer days, a cozy but non-bulky layer on colder days, so we designed the Small Fins Half Zip, in ocean colors, complete with an original herring design (because they are adorable). This midweight layer features a lock down zipper, fold over cuff mitts for added warmth, thumbholes, and a curved shirttail hem for a super flattering silhouette. If you're not fishing, this top is also perfect for hiking, skiing, and living your active lifestyle.
The Make Waves Leggings were designed to be basics with a statement–to show off the loveliest parts of your legs–to make your everyday the best looking day. A fabulous fishing layer, perfect for under raingear, cute with your boots, superior in the yoga studio, flawless on the trails. A vital part of any active wardrobe, the Make Waves Leggings are made of bamboo technical 4-way stretch fabric that supports without the squeeze for a better, more comfortable experience. Some highlights of these show-stopping bottoms are their moisture wicking and anti-odor properties, superior breathability, incredible comfort and natural UPF 50+ protection. The hidden waistband inner key pocket is perfect to stash your stuff.
We designed our bamboo top and bottoms with TASC Performance based in New Orleans (learn more), leaders in the innovation and reinvention of performance apparel – using Moso timber bamboo* sourced from the Sichuan Province in China. The forest is certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) and certified organic by OCIA (Organic Crop Improvement Association) and the USDA. TASC is a company built on the mentality that like the best moments in life, clothing should be intuitive, natural and make you feel better. We met TASC this winter at Outdoor Retailers, and have had fun working with them to make these custom styles a reality.
All three new bamboo styles are now available for pre-order for shipment September 15, 2017.